GIRLS INCORPORATED OF GREATER ATLANTA
Position Overview: This position is an excellent fit for individuals looking to develop skills in nonprofit program management. The Program Intern position will provide support to all aspects of Girls Inc. programs. The intern will gain a broad exposure to the inner workings of a high-functioning nonprofit organization. He or she will assist the Director of Center programs and the program staff in overall administration and logistics of every day programming. The intern will perform work directly related to the general business operations of our center programs. This position is based out of the Marietta Center.
• Collect and help analyze program outcomes
• Assist with strategic and short-range planning and implementation of programs and services
• Provide clerical support as needed and assist in all administrative operations, including preparing and maintaining a variety of records and files, including information of a confidential nature.
• Creates drafts of operational policies and procedures when needed.
• Organize and maintain efficient filing system; including electronic files.
• Create promotional and informational flyers as needed, including camera-ready documents for printing projects.
• Provide support to program staff on special initiatives, events, and recruitment needs as assigned
• Enter and edit member information in Trax database
• Assist Program Facilitators with programming and activities
• Identify ways to enhance After-School activities
• Assist with cleanup of the facility
• Act as role model for all girls attending Girls Inc. After-School Programming
• Work with our girls in the center on programming, activities, homework, and other initiatives
• Complete ad-hoc projects as requested
• Commitment to Girls Inc. mission and purpose
• Energetic and enthusiastic employee who can succeed in in a fast-paced, high energy environment.
• Capability to succeed while working either independently or in collaborative settings.
• Problem solving abilities and analytical skills.
• Organizational skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Dependability, accuracy, and attention to detail.
• Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and provide effective follow-up with staff.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and achieve specific goals.
This position provides a student with an opportunity to gain hands-on experience in nonprofit operations, with potential opportunities for special projects depending on the applicant’s skills.
Interested candidates please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org