Summer Program Facilitator (Contract Position)
Click Here to Download “Summer Program Facilitator Contractor Job Description”
The Summer Program Facilitator is reports to the Director of Center Programs and will work directly with all program staff to fully implement direct program services to members and complete program evaluations and administrative duties. This position is a temporary contract position for the summer of 2017.
This position will work in our summer camp program, Girls Inc. University to help all girls have a fun, active summer full of learning and new experiences.
• Directly implement planned curriculum for school-aged girls in the program while being inclusive of all girls, modeling the Girls Inc. approach and achieving set outcomes.
• Ensure that programming is meeting intended outcomes and collecting outcome and evaluation data as necessary.
• Work with members on behavioral goals and closely monitor these goals throughout the summer, using excellent behavior management and positive discipline technics.
• Assure that programs meet goals and objectives established by Girls Incorporated of Greater Atlanta Board of Directors, direct supervisors and approved budget.
• Learn and utilize the Girls Inc. mission, and approach, as well as the development needs of girls and youth development best practices
• Communicate regularly with parents in a way that promotes their engagement in their child’s development, strengthens relationships between parents and the organizations and represents the values of Girls Inc.
• Collaborate with other youth and human-serving organizations to develop and implement quality programming as needed
• Work with a wide range of volunteers while positively representing Girls Inc.
• Assist in coordinating special events and field trips for girls and parents
• Transport girls in 15 passenger vans on field trips
• Ensure that all members have been picked up at end of all GIGA programs and that the building is safe and secure daily before departure
• Assist in maintaining the cleanliness and functionality of the Girls Inc. building and vans
• Help maintain supplies, as well as order or perform cost analysis of supplies and activities as needed
• Attend staff meetings and trainings
• Represent the organization well on/in meetings, community committees, partner corporations
• Carry other duties as assigned by Director of Center Programs
• Belief in girls’ rights and abilities and understanding of social, cultural, and economic barriers facing girls, especially girls coming from low income families and girls of color
• Experience in facilitation and/or classroom instruction and understanding of facilitation best practices
• Creativity and enthusiasm for high quality youth-programming
• Clean driving record and Background Check
• Capable of and willing to driving 15 passenger van
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Dependable and able to work the duration of the summer program
• Ability to be flexible in scheduling of work hours
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Spanish and English speaking a plus
• Must be available for training May 23 – June 4th
• Programming Monday-Friday June 5th-June 30th, week of July 4th off, July 10th-21st
Girls Inc. University Contractor Positions Available:
All positions pay $11 per hour.
• 2 Part Time Before Care Contractors – work with girls of all ages as they arrive in an informal environment, run morning wellness programs, and assist with transitioning to programming, covering for staff meetings, and preparing lunches. When available this position has opportunities for additional hours to stay and cover for other aspects of camp. Hours Mon-Fri 6:30am-11:30am.
• 2 Part Time Teen Contractor, 1 – will work with rising high school students, their program will consist of one day of the week in center programming and two days on field trips. Hours Mon, Wed & Friday 8:30am-6:00pm although hours may vary due to Field Trips.
• 7 Full Time Contractors – Hours will be either Mon-Fri 9:30am-6:30pm or 8:30am-5pm, will work with a specific age group, rising 1st-2nd grade, 3rd – 4th grade, 5th-6th grade, 7th-8th grade, and one floater who covers with different age groups as needed.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line “Summer Contract Position”. Please include exactly what contractor position will best fit your availability for the summer. No calls please.